Hi folks! I am Assistant Professor in Department of Computer Science at University of Texas, SA, USA. Prior to that, I was with Texas A&M University as a Visiting Assistant Professor.
For couple of years, I worked as a Data Scientist and Program Manager at Hiller Measurements, Austin, USA. Prior to that, I was a post-doctorate researcher on US-Qatar Joint Collaborative Project on “Wireless Medical Device Security”. The project was a joint research between Temple University (USA), University of Idaho (USA) and Qatar University (Qatar). I also worked as a visiting researcher at Wichita State University, Kansas, USA.
My research is broadly in the area of distributed, intelligent systems, especially focusing on Security!
Interested in Submitting? Check the following for more information:
- Editor, Special Issue on “Intelligent Control of Actuator Systems“, MDPI Journal, 2020.
- Scientific Committee Chair for workshop 1st International Electronic Conference on Actuator Technology: Materials, Devices, and Applications.
- Publicity co-chair for 1st ACM Workshop on Recent Trends of Internet of Softwarized Things (IoST-5G&B) in conjunction with ICDCN 2021.
- Technical Program Committee Chair, International Conference on Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Windhoek, Namibia, June 2020.
2020 Upcoming Talks and News!
- Appointed to serve on the Curriculum Advisory Board for the Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science for Namibia University of Science and Technology, Namibia for a period of 5 years.
- Invited Speaker at “2020 International Symposium on Automation, Information and Computing”, ISAIC, Beijing, China, December 2020.
- Keynote Speaker at SES International Conference, University of Cambridge, Rome, Italy, September 10-11, 2020.
- Invited Speaker at IEEE Life Members Affinity Group September Meeting, “Using Machine Learning Algorithms for Public Health Policy Management in Pandemic Situations“. September 17, 2020.
- Expert Talk organized by IEEE SKIT, Jaipur, India on “Blockchain Applications for Health Care: State of the Art and Future Directions”, September 2, 2020.
- Expert Talk on “Internet of Things” organized by Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Geetanjali Institute of Technical Studies, August 2020.
- Featured Speaker at “International Colloquium on Recent Trends in Computer Science“. Live Session here July 2020.
- Student Branch Chapter Advisor- Univ of Texas -San Antonio Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Recently Approved Student Branch Chapter.
- Selected for IEEE R5 Outstanding Individual Achievement Award, 2020.
- Cyber-physical systems
- Blockchain, IOTA, cryptocurrency,
- Deep Learning,
- Machine Learning,
- Wireless Networks,
- Security and Privacy,
- Distributed Systems,
- Biologically inspired computing.
- Complex Networks,
- Software Defined Networking,
- Internet of Things.
I was a Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Research Scholar at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jodhpur, India. My Ph.D. dissertation revolved around “Improving Security in Wireless Sensor Network through Bio-Inspired Approaches” in Computer Science and Engineering. My research area is interdisciplinary in nature which combines ideas from machine learning, psychology, biology and sensor networks. I have developed solutions for the detection and removal of fraudulent nodes in sensor networks based on ideas borrowed from the above-mentioned fields.
I received my bachelor’s in Computer Science Engineering from College of Technology and Engineering in 2010 with Honors. Academically, I worked as Assistant Professor for computer science department with SS College of Engineering. Professionally, I have also worked as Design Executive with Phosphate India Private Limited, India.