Hi folks! I started working as a Assistant Professor at University of Texas, SA, USA (Spring 2020). In fall 2019, I was with Texas A&M University as a Visiting Assistant Professor.
Previously, I worked as a Data Scientist and Program Manager at Hiller Measurements, USA.
Prior to that, I was working as a post-doctorate researcher on US-Qatar Joint Collaborative Project on “Wireless Medical Device Security”. The project was a joint research between Temple University (USA), University of Idaho (USA) and Qatar University (Qatar).
I also worked as a visiting researcher at Wichita State University, Kansas, USA.
My research is broadly in the area of distributed, intelligent systems, especially focusing on Security!
- Student Branch Chapter Advisor- Univ of Texas -San Antonio Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Recently Approved Student Branch Chapter.
- Selected for IEEE R5 Outstanding Individual Achievement Award, 2020.
- Editor, Special Issue on “Intelligent Control of Actuator Systems“, MDPI Journal, 2020.
- Technical Program Committee Co-chair, International Conference on Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Windhoek, Namibia, June 2020.
- ACM Tech Talk, ACM Student Chapter, UTSA, January 2020.
- Speaker at IEEE EMBS Chapter, San Antonio, “A Novel Deep Learning Strategy for Classifying Different Attack Patterns for Deep Brain Implants”, January 2020.
- Organized International Seminar on “Blockchain Technology & Innovative Applications” at the Department of Computer science & Information Technology, Janardan Rai Nagar Rajasthan Vidyapeeth (Deemed-to-be University), Udaipur & in Collaboration with Computer Society of India, Udaipur Chapter.
- Keynote Speaker at International Seminar on “Bio and Social Psychology Inspired Techniques to make IoT devices Secure” at Geetanjali Institute of Technical Studies, India, January 2020.
- Keynote Speaker at College of Technology and Engineering, Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, India, January 2020.
- Cyber-physical systems
- Blockchain, IOTA, cryptocurrency,
- Deep Learning,
- Machine Learning,
- Wireless Networks,
- Security and Privacy,
- Distributed Systems,
- Biologically inspired computing.
- Complex Networks,
- Software Defined Networking,
- Internet of Things.
I was a Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Research Scholar at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jodhpur, India. My Ph.D. dissertation revolved around “Improving Security in Wireless Sensor Network through Bio-Inspired Approaches” in Computer Science and Engineering. My research area is interdisciplinary in nature which combines ideas from machine learning, psychology, biology and sensor networks. I have developed solutions for the detection and removal of fraudulent nodes in sensor networks based on ideas borrowed from the above-mentioned fields.
I received my bachelor’s in Computer Science Engineering from College of Technology and Engineering in 2010 with Honors. Academically, I worked as Assistant Professor for computer science department with SS College of Engineering. Professionally, I have also worked as Design Executive with Phosphate India Private Limited, India.