Hi folks! I am Assistant Professor of Practice in Department of Computer Science at University of Texas, SA, USA. Prior to that, I was with Texas A&M University at Texarkana (TAMUT) as a Visiting Assistant Professor.
For couple of years, I worked as a Data Scientist and Program Manager at Hiller Measurements, Austin, USA. Prior to that, I was a post-doctorate researcher on US-Qatar Joint Collaborative Project on “Wireless Medical Device Security”. The project was a joint research between Temple University (USA), University of Idaho (USA) and Qatar University (Qatar). I also worked as a visiting researcher at Wichita State University, Kansas, USA.
My research is broadly in the area of applied machine learning for distributed, intelligent systems with complimentary areas of security.
Interested in Submitting? Check the following for more information:
- Editor, Special Issue on “Intelligent Control of Actuator Systems“, MDPI Journal, 2021.
- Guest Editor for Springer Environment, Development and Sustainability
- Editorial Board of IoT and Sensor Networks (specialty section of Frontiers in Communications and Networks), 2021.
2021 Upcoming Talks and News!
- ACM-W Chapter at Duke University, “Using Cognitive Machine Learning to Build Safe and Secure Internet of Things Devices”, November 2, 2021.
- Speaker, Panelist for IEEE 7th World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT 2021) Vertical and Topical sessions.
- Tinker with an AI Scientist, May 2021.
- ACM Sacramento Chapter Future Worlds AI & ML – Virtual Lecture, May 2021.
- Session chair for AI for CPS Security SaT-CPS 2021: Secure and Trustworthy Cyber-Physical Systems, April 28, 2021.
- REYA Awardee, Recognizing Excellence in Young Alumni, organized by Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur, 2021.
- Cognitive Artificial Intelligence
- Distributed Ledger Techniques
- Machine Learning,
- Internet of Things,
- Security and Privacy,
- Distributed Systems,
- Biologically inspired computing.
I was a Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Research Scholar at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Jodhpur, India. My Ph.D. dissertation revolved around “Improving Security in Wireless Sensor Network through Bio-Inspired Approaches” in Computer Science and Engineering. My research area is interdisciplinary in nature which combines ideas from machine learning, psychology, biology and sensor networks. I have developed solutions for the detection and removal of fraudulent nodes in sensor networks based on ideas borrowed from the above-mentioned fields.
I received my bachelor’s in Computer Science Engineering from College of Technology and Engineering in 2010 with Honors. Academically, I worked as Assistant Professor for computer science department with SS College of Engineering. Professionally, I have also worked as Design Executive with Phosphate India Private Limited, India.